WHAT IS QCA
QCA means Qualified Coordinating Agency which coordinates on behalf of all the wind/solar generators connected to the pooling station in a State with relevant entities such as SLDC as per State Regulations and is responsible for forecast, submission of schedules, metering, data collection/transmission, coordination, undertake the commercial settlement with SLDC/RLDC and de-pooling of the applicable charges with all the relevant wind/solar generators.
TPTCL started providing QCA services for all major Solar/Wind generators of Karnataka w.e.f. 1st July 2017.
AT present, TPTCL is providing QCA services to Wind & Solar projects (67 nos.) with total capacity of 2663 MW. We are registered as QCA in the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat.
Functions of TPTCL as QCA
- System & Integration- IT platform on cloud server for seamless flow of data from generators to SLDCs.
- Forecasting- Generating forecast using numerical weather prediction, historical data and real time generation with due consideration to special events like plant maintenance, grid constraint and load curtailment
- Scheduling- Week ahead, Day ahead and Intra-day schedules with 16 revisions
- Assimilation of each pooling station’s available capacity and power forecast on cloud server to integrate with aggregated schedule for respective SLDC.
- Copy of schedule in each revision is shared among the generators of the pool.
- Data Monitoring on real time basis- Incorporating necessary changes in schedules on intimation of grid outage and load curtailments (24×7 operations control Room)
- Storing real time data on data base server for onward transportation to SLDC.
- Reports- Accuracy analysis of forecasted power Vs Actual generation data.
- Aggregated charges for Deviation on monthly basis.
- Undertaking de-pooling of Deviation charges among generators & commercial settlement on behalf of the generators with SLDC as may be mandated from time to time.
- Consent letter addressed to SLDC specifying TPTCL as QCA for the PSS/ Generator connected
- Static data of Solar/ Wind farm in SLDC prescribed format
- Historical and Real time data access to TPTCL through SCADA/FTP for establishing forecasting tool
- Payment Security towards charges for deviation as specified by SLDCs for an amount per MW for Solar and Wind in the form of Bank Guarantee
- Written agreement with the Generator connected with STU Pooling sub-Station
- Details of IF point ETV meters (ABT meters) for the Pooling sub-Station
- Encrypted load survey data in proprietary format of main and check meters at interface point of pooling sub station before 5th of every month